OUR PROMISE TO YOU
Our work is only possible because of our supporters. Without your loyal support, we would not be able to help thousands of vulnerable people lift themselves out of poverty each year across West Africa and Ethiopia.
TREE AID is committed to fundraising and communicating with you in an honest and ethical way, consistent with our values.
How we will treat you
• We will always spend your donations in a way that makes the maximum difference – putting your gift to use as quickly and effectively as possible.
• We can keep you updated about the amazing impact your donations are having on vulnerable families in the drylands of Africa.
• We will listen and honour how you wish to receive communications from us, and we will make it easy for you to make any changes
• If you ask us not to contact you in a certain way we will respect your wishes, unless it’s a legal or administrative requirement regarding your donation.
• If we get things wrong, we will listen to you, be honest about our mistakes, apologise and make things right.
How we will use your data
• We will never sell your data. We will only share this with carefully selected partners who do work for us and have guaranteed to keep your details confidential.
• If you ask us not to contact you in a certain way, we will respect this.
• We may, on occasion, improve the quality and accuracy of the information you have provided by checking against external data lists. For example your data may be matched against telephone or address lists to ensure we have the correct contact details for you. This helps us ensure our records are fully up-to-date and helps us avoid misdirecting our communications. We will only do this if we have your consent.
• We may search for publicly available information about you including where you live, your potential to give and other demographics such as age. We will use this to tailor communications and our fundraising asks to you based on what we learn. Please let us know if you are not happy for us to do this.
The legal bit
We will continue to send quarterly updates and occasional appeals to existing supporters by post. We believe this is necessary to ensure supporters are updated about how their donations are making a difference, and to raise additional donations for TREE AID to continue our vital work. We believe supporters are happy to receive these updates by post, and that using their personal information in this way is in line with supporters’ expectations.
We always strive for best practice in our fundraising and communications and adhere to our legal obligations, including the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 and the Telephone Preference Service. We adhere to the regulations set by the Fundraising Regulator who actively regulates charities carrying out fundraising activities.
Changing your mind
If you change your mind about how you’d like to be contacted, or you wish to opt-out of communications from us, please contact our Supporters Team at any time on 0117 909 6363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Freepost TREE AID.
Let us know what you think!
We welcome and value your feedback on any aspect of our work. Please get in touch with our Supporters Team on 0117 909 6363 or email email@example.com
TREE AID has planted over ten million trees and helped over half a million people lift themselves out of poverty using trees. We couldn’t have done this without the loyal and generous support of donors like you and we are truly grateful for this.
At TREE AID we incorporate the following values throughout our work
• We stand together and respect the people we work for and with.
• We are bold, ambitious and determined.
• We are professional. We work effectively and efficiently, to a high standard and are experts in our field.
• We have integrity. We are honest, transparent and accountable.
• We are always learning. We review and adapt to maximise our impact for the people we are helping.
It is extremely important to us that you are happy with the way we fundraise from you, the way we treat you, the way we communicate with you and how we use the personal data you have given us.